Title: Bizzaro Twilight
Author: booboo.kitty2.0
Status: Complete
Rating: M
Chapter Count: 19
Story: Link
Summary: -AU- What would Twilight have been like if the roles were reversed? Edward, Emmett & Jasper are humans living in Forks with their dad, Charlie working at the police station. Bella, Rosalie & Alice are vampires sent to live in Forks by Carlisle & Esme
----
The summary is what got me for this story. For the most part, I don't really read AU with Vamps, and hardly ever anything that says 'what if... Twilight' but I found myself intrigued anyway and started in on the story. It starts with three girl vamps being exiled in Forks and bored, but quickly escalates when the smells of their mates find them hot on the trail of three human boys. Antics and sexy dreams ensue.
There were things that worked, and things that (for me) didn't work. For instance, the idea of Bella's power, and how the three women can share and connect, that was utterly brilliant. The dialogue for the most part, was good, but sometimes felt so contrived.
There was the cliche drinking game, but this one made me laugh, with the stripping shots twist. I thought it was great how the three of the girls seemed particularly witty and sexy.
booboo.kitty2.0 didn't leave Bella as this helpless girl, nor did she make Edward some helpless little character. I hate simpering Bella/Edward. I liked the vividness to their characters, especially Emmett. Emmett's my fave, he's always the comic relief, but in this story, he was the big brother cum scaredy cat cum decision maker.
I really enjoyed how the author took liberties with the changing process, utilizing the gifts she'd given to the girls (and boys) to put a new twist on an old story.
My favorite part, besides the SEXY SEXY dream sequences, was the plot twist toward the end. Always a good way to go.
There were mistakes, grammar, spelling, tenses, the usual, but I make those mistakes too. The one thing I can say I didn't care for, was the POV switching. I hate when writers switch POVs and then overlap when going to another. But that's just my opinion, I know a few who love getting into the other character's heads.
Not my forte, not my thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment