Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dream Sequence - SC Ch 13

Hi Journal,

I woke up this morning with the worst feeling in my stomach. I’d dreamed that “Charlie Brown” had finally come to his senses and decided he was going to marry the red headed girl instead of staying with me. He’d done everything we’d agreed upon, but that made it so much worse. He was so honest with me about it, telling me straight out that he didn’t love me anymore, and that he was sorry – wanted me in his life still- and that he was in love with someone else.

The dream flashed forward to a wedding, with “Charlie Brown” at the alter and me by his side, acting as his “best man” smiling sadly through tears that I’d passed off as ‘joyous’ to the groom. I could see “Lucy” and “Sally” in the congregation, looking how I felt; betrayed and broken hearted. “Linus” and “Schroder” were behind me, being groomsmen, and then the little red headed girl walked out, following behind her beautiful bridesmaids, toward “Charlie Brown” grinning wickedly, like she knew how I felt and didn’t care.

“Charlie Brown” looked back at me as the little red headed girl got to him, one final time, and I couldn’t help it, I watched myself run down the aisle in tears, sobbing and carrying my broken heart in my hands. “Charlie Brown” didn’t stop the ceremony after I ran, and the little red headed girl yelled ‘carry on’ to the preacher as “Sally” and “Lucy” followed after me.

The dream skipped ahead again, this time a few years down the road, with “Charlie Brown” calling me, telling me that he and the little red headed girl were expecting a girl and he wanted to name it after me. The little red headed girl pretended to be happy, but as soon as she got me on the phone, I could see her face, rolling her eyes as if I was in the room with her, despite the 3,000 mile difference. “Charlie Brown” came back onto the phone and told me he needed me to come to the birth, and then the christening, and then be the god parent, and I didn’t say no because I was too in love with him to let him go.

It flashed forward again to when I was a older sick with cancer, still heartbroken on my death bed for “Charlie Brown” who was nowhere to be found, despite his good health. “Sally” and “Linus” came in, apologizing, saying that “Charlie Brown” wasn’t coming. That he and the little red headed girl were vacationing and couldn’t be pulled away.

I shot awake and gasped for breath, on the verge of a panic attack until I could breathe again.

That’s all for now,

Peppermint Patty

1 comment: